Hello People, some of you might already know that I’m planning a road trip to New Delhi from Chennai. I’ve been bragging about it for a while now anyway
So why this road trip you ask?
IndiBlogger is opening a new office in Gurgaon and I’m moving there to take care of things. Since I’m moving and the taking the car with me, thought why not drive the whole way? I mean how many times does this option show up? Also its much cheaper than me flying into Delhi and shipping my car in a truck.
This will be my first 700+ km road trip. And this is the checklist I’ve put together and planing to stick to it.
1) Got my car (Honda City i-vtec) serviced and checked.
2) First aid kit – Good to have.
3) Nitrogen/air filled spare tyre and tool kit
4) Mobile Charger
5) Pillows and towels – I’ve been told long drives could cause discomfort or neck aches, etc.
6) A 6 pack Redbull cans and Nutri bars – Caffeine is good, isn’t it?
7) A laptop and a data card – Gonna be a 3 days trip, better have it than regret.
8) Water bottles and tissues
9) Loads of songs on USB – Like I said 3 days of driving.
10) ID cards/Visiting cards- In case of emergencies or if I come by a girl… you know for lift or a passer by etc.
11) Google maps
12) And some cash of course – For tolls, food, occasional coffee on the road.
13) Last but not least.. my Swiss army knife.
Other optional stuff I’ve learnt would help are
1) A Camera and batteries
2) Car DC to AC converter to charge laptops, phones, players, etc.
3) Sunglasses – would make the day drive a little easy.
And the time table for my trip.
Chennai 4:00 AM – Banglore 9:00 AM (350 Kms)
Bangalore 10:00 AM- Kholapur 7:00 PM (630 Kms) Of course including a couple of coffee breaks and lunch.
Find a hotel in Kholapur and rest the night.
Kholapur 5:00 AM – Pune 8:30 AM (230 Kms)
Pune 8:45 AM – Mumbai 11:00 AM (150 Kms)
Mumbai 12:00 - Ahmadabad 8:00 PM (530 Kms) Again including breaks.
Rest the night in Ahmadabad
Ahmadabad 5:00 AM – Jaipur 3:00 AM (670 Kms) Including lunch and coffee breaks.
Jaipur 4:00 PM – Gurgaon 8:00 PM (230 Kms)
Check into a hotel and step into a coma!
So the offer still stands.. Anyone interested in joining me on this trip, let me know soon.