We really need a 24X7 rock channel. First MTV started and gave into Bollywood. Then VH1 began and they went pop… and rap and RnRs…
We really need a hardcore Rock TV where,
Legends can come back alive,
Cult of freedom can thrive,
Where Taylor Swift can go else where to cry,
And hang all the Bielebers to dry…
Where Nicky Minaj can understand black people cannot be blonde and she doesn’t have to try!
Let there be a world where no one has to sing “Girl let me love you.. until you learn to love yourself”
For it wants me to throw up all morning and ask you to go fuck yourself.
There are rock stars on the road with a decade old guitar and singing their last with a hope to last, and there are producers who spend to learn “Friday Friday, then Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards!”.
People aspire to be Rock stars. Not Rapstars or Bluestars.
Lets the kids be raised to a song that has deep words and not just three words.
If you want to give them a better planet to live… please, first give them a reason to live.
So, sorry I forgot to write about the last leg of the trip. Actually there is little to say in this part.
I started out from Mumbai early morning again after couple of days rest and left to Jaipur. The road was kind of same as the previous mostly 3 lanes and 2 lanes. Just gotto be careful, but otherwise not too bad. This ride was fairy simple. Got stopped by a cop close to Udaipur after she saw a TN registration coming her way. Paid her ?100 and moved on…
Reached Udaipur before sundown and got into a little shack referred by Vineet. Stayed the night and once again left early before the sun rise. I’ll tell you one thing. When your driving from Udaipur to Gurgaon, you go east. And its b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l to drive on that road at sun rise. The whole scene is Yellow! Sorry dont have a photo, but you’ve gotto try that road on early morning.
Reached Gurgaon much before sun down. By 6:30 I was in the room already!
1) One road accident near Jaipur, a lady (pillion rider in a bike) was crying by the side of the road as she lost her leg when a truck ran over it. Blood everywhere. The patrol were there, the ambulance was there and the traffic was held up for about 1/2 hour. Apparently when the rider tried to overtake the truck from the left and a bus tried to overtake the rider from his left. The biker was caught in between like a sandwich! They fell down and the pillion rider went under the truck.
2) The road from Jaipur to Gurgaon is extraordinarily bad. Actually there was no highway! Only mud roads and service lanes. The service lanes are not even capable of handling the kind of traffic there was. There are nice take diversion boards to take you off the highway as NHAI is actually building the roads, but there are none to bring you back into the road. You could go lost in that town going round and round without reaching the highway at all. Also I dont think those town has even seen roads before. All mud roads and such steep ups and downs that at least at 2 places I doubted that my car will make it. But it did! It took me about 5 hours just covering that 220 Kms. But they don’t fail to stop you at every toll and drain your money even though there is no road to drive on. I mean who the hell decides to work on the entire stretch all at once?
3) After Udaipur, there is a 20 km stretch, that is just a single lane and you will have to share it with oncoming traffic as well. And mind you, its part of the National highways and people drive like that!
1) More road kills as I approached Gurgaon than any other place.
2) People have no sense of keeping distance between each vehicles. I mean in front, back, sides, everywhere. In a blink of an eye you could get your car scratched. FYI, my car made it un-scathed.
3) I realized I drove through 7 states. TN, a bit of AP, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Haryana!
4) There is one lone Cafe Coffee day between Udaipur and Jaipur. Rest of this highway has only hotels that have no food and hotels you don’t want food from.
5) Oh yea, caffeine is so important for these endurance rides I tell you. I packed up so many red bulls that I didn’t feel the need to have coffee anywhere. And believe me, that saves a lot of time.
6) Don’t fool yourself there is enough music to keep you company for this 2700 kms journey. My last leg was completely on repeats.
Its really sad that the world has lost a legend today. I’ll certainly miss you like billions of others. I grew up with your music I should say. I have danced for several of your songs. Smooth criminal, Bad, Jam, Black or White… Remember the time..?
There are a million pop stars today and none can even get close to the quality of music that you created.
Rest in peace.
As usual Indiblogger heavy metal blogger meet was a success. As you guys might already know Kingfisher sponsored the event and we all had a great crowd for the meet. We all had unlimited beer too. There were about 70 bloggers in the meet. Although a some of them really couldn’t stay long, it was nice to see that they made the effort to be a part of the meet. Thanks a lot guys. You rocked!
For the all the guys who were present for the meet, thanks a lot for coming and making it a success. Bloggers started coming in from about 4:30 and the event went on till about 7:00 PM.
We also conducted a quiz on Iron Maiden for all the bloggers who won a free mug of beer for every correct answer.
Once again, Indiblogger is organizing a meet on 28th February at Microsoft office. Check out the details here.
That meet is nothing like the one we had in stones. Its at Microsoft Office at EGL. Come over and I’m sure we’ll have a great time meeting fellow bloggers from all around the country.
Hi people, I’ve got some very important information to post. As we all already know that Iron Maiden is coming to Bangalore, India on 15th Feb 2009, I thought it would be great to organize a “Heavy Metal Blogger meet” the day before the Gods of rock play for us.
So the meet will be on 14th Feb 2009. Yeah, I know the date sounds very familiar. You can bring your dates too. Just make sure she is registered with indiblogger too
All metal and Rock loving bloggers are welcome. If you did not already know, you can get a cool IndiRocker or IndiMetal badge from the indiblogger site.
Check this link out for meet details.